Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Contrasts

I've just spent 30 minutes in an MRI scanner having the water molecules in my head and neck jiggled and relaxed.  It doesn't hurt but neither is it especially pleasant - at times rather like having your head strapped to the side of a pneumatic drill.

At the same time a week ago, we were forging our way up Glen Feshie, probably getting the bikes, trailers and bags across the R Eindart.

Portage across the River Eindart, Glen Feshie

I'm still sorting through photos and video footage from last week's C2C, reliving the trip through these captured images.  It always takes me a few days to settle back into 'normal' life after an adventure like the one we've just had.  I usually come back buzzing but exhausted and quickly fall into a bit of a 'gloom' for a couple of days.

Anyway, I'm off to the bike shop to collect my back wheel, which has had the broken spoke replaced and then into the office.  For the bank holiday weekend, we are taking the bikes up to the southern lakes for some more excitement.  We're such adrenaline junkies!

No comments: