Monday, 8 November 2010

WooHoo

No, not the call of a rutting owl but a small expression of excitement - Christine and I are on the 2011 Challenge (woohoo - again).

My old mate Steve Gough, who I did this with in 2009, is number 4 on the reserve list, so I expect we'll be crossing paths at some point.

Fellow Peeb-Mofflers and bloggers, Alan, Shirl, Phil and Martin are there, as is Humphrey, who has seen us off from Peebles both times.

A few other bloggers, who I've not met yet are in the list, including Helen Fisher, also from Sheffield.  So if we don't bump into you around Burbage or tarping at Lawrencefield, Helen, we may at least see you in Montrose.

I think it's time for a small celebratory beverage and then blow the dust off the maps.

Woooohoooo!

And now for a few pictures from 2009...



Steve and I at Ratagan - the start of our 2009 Challenge


Near the top of the Corrieyairick Pass



















Me at Garva Bridge

A long day on the Monadhliath














Stalkers bothy above Newtonmore where we spent a night













A miserably wet day on the track from Glen Muick to Glen Clova

9 comments:

Martin Rye said...

Good news Tony. Have a lot of fun training and planning for it.

Pennine Ranger said...

Thanks Martin. You too. See you in Montrose

Alan Sloman said...

Cheese & Wines to plan next...

Pennine Ranger said...

...and perhaps some tapas?

Phreerunner said...

Good news, you two, and good to see that Steve Gough will be there. I met him on the slopes of Mayar this year - I was the 4th Challenger he'd seen. He was the third I'd seen...
It'll be different in 2011.

Pennine Ranger said...

Hi Martin. Yes, Steve told me he'd met you on this year's Challenge.

This is all very exciting but of course we've got to do the Moffat to Peebles walk before then :¬)

The Odyssee said...

That’s good news for you both. Enjoy the planning. We look forward to reading your route.

Pennine Ranger said...

Yes, me too! But subject to all the usual non-disclosure agreements, I can say that it will most likely start in the bar of the Strathcarron Hotel and end up at the campsite in Stonehaven. In between, it will be bold, innovative and full of danger and excitement.

Helen Fisher said...

Hi Tony, Doing a catch up, but yes, am please to see you're in the TGO; you never know, we may actually meet up before Scotland!